Monolith NT.115 Instruments
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"This is a low- to medium-throughput instrument to measure binding constants between two proteins or a protein and a small molecule ligand. The vendor offer two versions: label-based and label-free. Both instrument versions works really well and have consistently produced Kd values close to previously-reported ones or values that end up getting corroborated in the future through traditional calorimetry or SPR techniques. Sample consumption is low and the instrument is very stable (no software crashes or other type breakdown) and easy to use. In our lab, we have used the thermophoresis instruments for over a dozen distinct projects, with results published in almost 10 papers already."
The Monolith NT.115 Series instruments have the broadest application range
The NT.115 Series is based on detection of fluorescent dyes / fusion proteins and can measure basically any interaction in any buffer or complex bioliquid, using only a tiny amount of sample. Three different types of fluorescent detectors are available for the NT.115.
On request the NT.115 Series optics can be combined with the NT.LabelFree optics in an "Advanced MST System".
Monolith NT.115 Instruments Benefits:
- Unmatched Sensitivity - Microscale Thermophoresis can monitor the binding of single ions (40Da) or small molecules (300Da) to a target as well as the binding of ribosomes (2.5MDa).
- Fast - Measurement of a dissociation constant in 10 minutes
- Assay Diversity and Robustness - Measurement possible in any buffer as well as complex detergent mixtures (membrane receptors)
- Close-to-Native Conditions - Microscale Thermophoresis monitors binding and biochemical activity of biomolecules under close-to-native conditions
- High Information Content - Straightforward detection of aggregation and other sample related artifacts
- Access to Biophysical Properties - Affinity, Stoichiometry, Binding Energetics
- Capillary Format - The capillary format is inexpensive, easy to handle and offers maximum flexibility in the experiment scale. Use 16 capillaries (e.g. for a detailed Kd-analysis) or alternatively 2-3 capillaries for a pilot experiment
- Low sample consumption - <4ul sample as low as 1nM concentration
- Dynamic Range - sub-nM to mM dissociation constants
- Maintenance Free - Instruments needs no regular maintenance
- Straightforward Handling - Simple sample preparation and intuitive software user interface