Monarch 50 Top Loading Autoclave
Monarch 50 Autoclave
With heating elements in chamber
• Economic Top Loading autoclave
• Good Capacity with extremely small footprint
• Compact enough to fit underneath a bench makes the Monarch50 an ideal alternative to a bench-top if bench space is limited
• Portabale, can be manouvred between different laboratories
Capacity : 50 litres top loading
Usable Chamber Dimensions : 350mm diameter x 520mm deep
Overall Dimensions : 465w x 680d x 800 high
Export Packing Specifications : (heavy duty packing case for shipping, in mm)
890 wide x 710 deep x 1100 high 0.7metre3 Weight: 150 Kg
Timer : 0 to 119 minutes
Temperature control from chamber : 100 to 137oC
Maximum design pressure : 2.62 Bar (38 psig)
MP 24 CONTROL - STANDARD FEATURES
MP 24 is the common control system for all Rodwell Autoclaves. It offers many user features and is extremely easy to program and operate. It has been designed so most operators can operate the autoclave without referring to the manual first. Setting and operating the programs is an extremely logical process.
The LCD display gives clear indication as to the autoclave status. i.e. ‘door open’, ‘low water’, ‘heating’, ‘sterilising or ‘cycle complete’. It also displays the actual load and chamber temperatures as well as the program number and cycle parameters throughout the cycle.
All MP24 controllers have the following user features: -
• 20 standard programmable pre-set cyclesAllows the operator to pre-set up to 20 cycles. These cycles can be set up exactly how the operator requires them. Once set, subsequent operators only have to choose a program number and press start.
For example Program 2 can be set as: -
P2) 15 minutes @134oC, Load ON, Timed Free Steam 7 minutes
• 4 Instrument Cycles (normally locked off)Instrument cycle settings will allow the chamber to exhaust at the end of the cycle. This means that dry loads such as empty glassware can be sterilised much more quickly than liquid loads. The exhausting of the chamber also causes excess moister to boil of and non-porous loads to be removed dry at the end of the cycle.
• Delayed Start Feature
Enables the autoclave to be loaded at the end of the day and be set to start automatically in the early hours of the following morning. This is so the autoclave would have already run through its first cycle and media or instruments are ready to work with when scientists arrive in the morning.
• Load Activated Sterilising
A load probe is placed into the largest load and stops the timer from starting until the load and chamber have reached set point temperature. This feature can be switched on/off for over-sensitive media.
• Timed Free Steaming
The autoclave will heat up in two stages. Stage 1 will take the autoclave to around 95 degc. The chamber will then free steam for a pre-set period (specified by the operator) and then in the second stage to set point temperature. This helps for good steam penetration into the load and helps prevent overcooking of media. This can be switched on/off and is variable, pre-set into the program by the operator.
• Smart card access system (option at no cost)
The autoclave can be supplied with a smart card access system at no extra cost. A 'SUPERVISOR CARD' allows the autoclave to be pre-programmed (up to 24 programs). 'OPERATORS CARDS' then allow access to the programs but does not allow the programs to be altered. The card number is recorded if a data printer or elecronic logging are specified.
SITE REQUIREMENTS 4KW ELECTRICALLY HEATED
Electricity supply: 3 kW single 220/240 volt single phase socket outlet rated at 15amps
(Other Voltages available on request)
Drain Service: 32mm metal drain preferred but not essential if condense collector is specified. If the drain is of plastic construction, then a drain line condenser may be required. Drain service should be no higher than 100mm from floor level. If this is a problem please contact Rodwell because we may be able to raise the drain outlet on the autoclave to suit existing drain services. If the autoclave is connected to a main drain system, the drain should be vented to a high level outside the building to comply with regulations.
Note that if no drain service is available, a condense collector will be required. If this is specified and the autoclave is to be used on instrument cycle, then an instrument cycle condense collector will be required as the autoclave exhausts at the end of the process time.
Water Supply: Manual Fill. However, If automatic fill is specified a water supply will be required. This should be supplied from a 15mm cold water supply, supplied via a 10 gallon header tank (to comply with regulations) and terminated at a stopcock within 2 metres run of the rear of the autoclave.
• Thermal lock to prevent the chamber from being opened if the chamber or load is above 80oC.
• Pressure lock to prevent the chamber from being opened if the chamber is above 0.04 bar.
• Lock failure If either lock fails the autoclave will ‘fault’ in a safe condition and ‘lock fault’ will be indicated on the control panel and an alarm will sound.
• Safety devices prevent the cycle being initiated until the lid has been securely closed.
• The vessel is designed in accordance with the general requirements of BS2646 Part 1 1993 and EN61010-2-41 1996.
• All control circuits are 24 volts.
The chambers and door are constructed from stainless steel (BS1501-321 S31 where specified). The outer door is a G.R.P. moulding, which considerably reduces surface temperature. Sealing of chamber is effected by a silicone rubber "O" ring system. Closure is by means of a single door bolt fitted with a heat resistant handle, which are interlocked with the steam release vent. One door bolt is fitted with a captive bolt device to safely reduce any residual pressure for each chamber. Mounted on castors for ease of movement.
Supplied with one perforated stainless steel basket and trivet support system.
Also please consider the following accessories, which may be added to the autoclave at the time of manufacture
Assisted Load Cooling
Fan Type: Powerful fans strategically located direct a blast of cool air around the chamber substantially improving cooling times. Part Number: AC4
Reduces Cooling time by up to 50%
• Simpler and more reliable than water cooling systems
• Site requirements kept to a minimum
High Speed Heating: 4 kW heater improves heating time by up to 33% (requires a 15 amp electrical supply) Part Number: GENMON3
Waste Discard System: A container system can be supplied to contain plastic waste without leakage of effluent in to the chamber and allows effective steam penetration into the waste naturally removing any air pockets without the use of vacuum. Part Number: AC27
• Eliminates the need for vacuum systems for sterilising waste.
• Very simple in principle and operation
• Helps to prevent spillages within the chamber
• Improves productivity
• Reduces maintenance costs and downtime
• Increases plant and control valve life
• Reduces maintenance bills
• Requires no maintenance
• No moving parts
Loading Baskets: Perforated Stainless Steel - capacity 2. Part Number: AC70
(One supplied free of charge)
Optional Drain Systems
Instrument Cycle Condense Collector: Enables the autoclave to be installed without any connection to a drainage system. Stainless Steel Construction with a unique vent arrangement will allow the autoclave to exhaust and instruments and empty glassware to be removed dry at the end of the cycle. (Cannot be used with air ballasting or automatic drain and re-fill). Part Number: AC163• Eliminates the requirement for a drain system
• Allows for the instrument cycle to be used resulting in faster cycle times on non-liquid loads
Vacuum Break Filter: During the cooling cycle at around 100oC, an autoclave draws a natural vacuum. At this stage of the cycle, there is a chance that contaminates can be drawn back into the chamber via the drain or from atmosphere. A Vacuum Break Filter prevents this by allowing air to be drawn in via a microbiological filter. (This feature is standard on models Herald and Series 56/61 autoclaves). Part Number: AC702
• Increases the sterility of media and instruments
• Ensures a vacuum is not drawn up from a dirty drain
Drain Line Filter: A microbiological filter in a stainless steel housing, fitted to the drain line prevents the discharge dangerous pathogens to the main drain. The sterilisation process then sterilises the filter during the cycle. The filter element should be changed periodically. Part Number: AC112• Reduces the risk of releasing dangerous pathogens into the drain system
• Reduces the risk of releasing dangerous pathogens into the autoclave area from aerosols
Optional Cycle Data Recorders
• Enables the operator to ensure the autoclave has met all cycle criteria
• Alerts the operator to any potential sterilisation problems
• Reduces the labour time required in fault finding
Data Printer: Can be supplied to provide a hard copy of chamber and load temperatures as well as cycle parameters of every cycle. In multi-user situations, a number of smart cards can be obtained so each operator number is also identified on the print out. Part Number: AC380
Electronic Memory Card Data Logging: A Memory card port is fitted to the autoclave and is supplied complete with memory card (similar to the type supplied with digital cameras). The autoclave automatically downloads all the cycle information such as Operator Number, Cycle Number, Program Number, Cycle Parameters, Data and Time. Then, during the cycle, load temperature, chamber temperature and chamber pressure (optional, with pressure transducer) is downloaded onto the memory card. The Memory card can then be inserted into a standard PC (via card reader) and all this information can be saved or printed. The print out of each cycle would be as if it were printed onto our standard data printer. Up to 1 years cycle information can be saved onto each memory card. Part Number: AC380B
Chart Recorders: 100 Strip Recorders or Circular Recorders are available in the following formats: -
Circular Chart Recorders• Single Pen to measure load temperature Part Number: AC172
• Two Pen to measure the load and chamber temperature Part Number: AC173
• Three Pen to measure the chamber and load temperature as well as pressure
Part Number: AC179• Six pen to measure multiple temperatures and pressure (if required) POA
100mm Strip Chart Recorders• Single Pen to measure load temperature Part Number: AC174
• Two Pen to measure the load and chamber temperature Part Number: AC175
• Three Pen to measure the chamber and load temperature as well as pressure
Part Number: AC177• Six pen to measure multiple temperatures and pressure (if required) POA