MED64 (MEA System)
A low-noise multi-electrode array system for in vitro extracellular electrophysiology. The MED64 is a user-friendly multi-electrode array (MEA) system for stimulation and recording of field potentials (extracellular signals) from different areas within a biological sample over hours, days, weeks and even months.
Acute or cultured biological preparations are placed or grown directly on a grid of 64 planar microelectrodes, which serve a dual purpose of stimulus-delivery and signal recording.
The unique construction of the system eliminates the need for cumbersome and expensive equipment used in conventional electrophysiology, including a faraday cage, anti-vibration table, micromanipulators, and even the puller and glass microelectrodes.
MED64 (MEA System) Benefits:
- Simultaneous recording of extracellular signals across 64 channels without pulling glass electrodes
- Stable, low-noise, high signal-to-noise ratio recording with 1 µV r.m.s noise level
- Effective stimulation and high-quality evoked signals
- Long-term observation and humidified incubator
- On-line analysis with powerful software