M106 Student/QC Spectrophotometer
An 'Abs/%T/Conc' spectrophotometer for under £1,000
• Philips Tungsten-Halogen source lamp
• Hamamatsu Photodiode Detector
• 1200 lines/mm grating monochromator
• Wavelength range 335 to 1000nm
• Narrow (8nm) bandpass
• Automatic stray light filter selection
• Auto-zero by push-button
• Stable, noise-free readings
• Read-out in Abs, %T, Concentration and Factor
• RS232 output for printer or PC
• PC software option
• Holder for test-tubes, standard 10mm cuvettes
• Accepts 1ml semi-micro cuvettes
• COD vial holder as accessory
The fundamental reliability of the instrument is assured by the absence of motor drives.
This robustly built spectrophotometer combines a surprisingly high level of performance with a budget price. Wavelength is conveniently set using the rotary control and the instrument is ready for use within just a few minutes from switch-on. A membrane keyboard positioned next to the large, clear LCD display allows the operator to rapidly switch between %T, Abs and Concentration modes, and to set Zero Abs. The narrow 8nm bandpass is ideally matched to the wavelength range of 335 to 1000nm.
The remarkable stability and accuracy of the instrument will be welcomed by quality control and teaching laboratories. The sample compartment accepts either standard 10mm rectangular cuvettes, including disposable semi-micro cuvettes, or test-tubes, and the RS232 output provides a convenient link to a digital printer for hardcopy or a PC. A low-cost application program, which runs under Windows 9x includes the facility to create calibration curves on screen.