Innovative microfluidic rheometry for industrial applications.
The Malvern m-VROCi utilizes unique microfluidic viscometer / rheometer on a chip technology to provide high resolution viscosity measurements into the ultra-high shear rate regime. High shear rate measurements for low viscosity materials are inaccessible with traditional mechanical rheometers, but are important and relevant conditions for many industrial processes and product use environments.
The m-VROCi uses a totally enclosed microfluidic slit flow system to deliver accurate and robust viscosity measurements for low viscosity materials to extreme shear rates, with ease of sample loading and operation.
- Narrow gap microscale flow channel with embedded MEMS pressure sensors enables a wide dynamic range in shear rate for added R&D capabilities
- Extremely high shear rate measurements accessible due to operation in very low Reynolds Number regime well away from inertial flow instabilities
- For low viscosity samples of the order of a few mPas, measurements at process-relevant shear rates in excess of 106s-1 are attainable
- Rigorous flow channel corrections applied for non-Newtonian materials for full flow curve generation, enabling direct comparison of low shear rate data from a rotational rheometer
- High resolution viscosity measurements enables reliable viscosity data with variations in formulation, particularly for low viscosity materials
- Totally enclosed system enables accurate measurement of samples with volatile solvent bases – no evaporation
- Small sample volumes can be used for cost effective viscosity measurements on early stage industrial formulations, and for high value chemical components
- Ease of sample loading and operation with syringe-based system
- Automated temperature control from 4ºC to 65ºC, including temperature sweeps
- All wetted materials are highly chemically resistant
Application notes and news
- Optimizing Rheology for Ceramic Inkjet Inks
- Accurate Low Viscosity Measurements of Electrolyte Solutions for the Development of High Performance Rechar...
- Measuring Flow Curves for Low Viscosity Inkjet Inks Up To Ultra-High Shear Rates for Print Head Compatibili...
- m-VROCi Technology and Measurement
- Characterizing Inkjet Inks: Malvern Instruments Presents New Rheological Research
- Malvern Instruments Webinar Introduces New m-VROCi for Industrial Viscosity Measurements
- Malvern Instruments at analytica 2014
- Malvern Instruments Shows How Complementary Technologies Solve Analytical Challenges from Biopharm to Bulk ...
- New partnership Between Malvern Instruments and RheoSense Brings m-VROCi to Industrial Markets