His Mag Sepharose excel magnetic beads
His Mag Sepharose excel magnetic beads are designed for small-scale purification and screening of histidine-tagged proteins secreted in eukaryotic cell culture.
- Simplify small-scale purification and expression screening of histidine-tagged proteins secreted in eukaryotic cell culture
- Purify histidine-tagged proteins directly from samples that contain metal ion-stripping agents and save time and effort
- Increase target protein yield and decrease degradation through reduced and simplified sample handling
- Screen histidine-tagged proteins in parallel with high reproducibility and reliable results
- Capture histidine-tagged protein from different sample volumes; from low to high milliliter scale
- Simplify handling using visible and dense Sepharose-based magnetic beads
His Mag Sepharose excel is a magnetic immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC) medium precharged with nickel ions that are strongly bound to a chelating ligand. The medium enables small-scale capture, purification, and reproducible screening of histidine-tagged proteins expressed and secreted into cell culture supernatants from eukaryotic cells such as insect cells or Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells. The Mag Sepharose format has excellent properties for small-scale experiments. The high density of the beads allows rapid capture by magnetic devices while the visibility of the beads ensures reliable collection of the bound histidine-tagged proteins during the purification procedure. The base matrix is based on Sepharose medium with magnetite incorporated.
His Mag Sepharose is available as 10% medium slurry in three different pack sizes (2 x 1 ml, 5 x 1 ml, and 10 x 1 ml) and can be used together with different test tubes and magnetic racks, for example MagRack 6 for test tubes up to 1.5 ml or MagRack Maxi for test tubes up to 50 ml. 1 ml medium slurry is sufficient for five reactions according to the recommended protocol. The products are delivered in tubes containing 1 ml of 10% (v/v) medium slurry that contains 100 µl magnetic beads.