Efficiently design, synthesize, characterize and screen libraries of catalyst materials by combining custom hardware and software capabilities.
Create and test hundreds of heterogeneous catalyst materials per week using a variety of fully automated techniques. The automated nature of the workflows increase reproducibility and provide a complete experimental record.
Prepare: Synthesize diverse arrays of heterogeneous catalysts
- Rapidly explore complex compositional phase spaces.
- Prepare hundreds of samples per week with any one of several automated synthesis tools.
- Tools are available for impregnation, coprecipitation, hydrothermal synthesis, sol gel synthesis and solvent evaporation.
- Flexible hardware and software allows easy modification and rearrangement of elementary steps in a synthesis.
Process: Modify heterogeneous catalyst materials using automated techniques
- Calcination, reduction and other pretreatments (ex situ and in situ)
- Mechanical treatments such as grinding, pilling, sizing
- Washing and ion exchanging
Analyze: Correlate catalyst performance, physical properties and synthesis
- Analyze samples by XRD, SEM, EDS, BET, XRF, and ICP by integrating third party hardware as part of a workflow.
- Rapidly explore complex process phase spaces.
- Screen 48 samples simultaneously in a multi-channel fixed bed reactor with full product analysis and mass balance. With pressures up to 2000 PSI, temperatures up to 650ºC, with a reaction zone temperature accuracy of +/-.5ºC, and a flow split accuracy of <1% RSD.
- Screen 24–96 samples simultaneously in a parallel liquid phase batch reactor at up to1500 PSI and 450ºC.