The Hemoccult II® SENSA test is a rapid, convenient and qualitative method for detecting fecal occult blood which may be indicative of gastrointestinal disease.
It is not a test for colorectal cancer or any other specific disease. Hemoccult II SENSA is the enhanced Hemoccult product that provides improved readability and higher clinical sensitivity over regular Hemoccult and other FOBTs.
Hemoccult II SENSA has been proven to give the highest clinical sensitivity readings (92%) 1,2 and offers the ability to find more true positives of occult blood. Polyps and cancer may bleed intermittently. Hemoccult II SENSA triple slide products are designed so patients can collect serial specimens over three days. This increases the probability of detecting hidden blood from polyps and cancer.
Hemoccult SENSA Features:
- Improved readability, intense blue reaction
- Higher clinical sensitivity
- Detection of more true positives
- 14-day on-slide stability
- Used in colorectal cancer screening programs worldwide
- Comprehensive patient educational support