Helios® Gene Gun System (165-2431)
The Helios Gene Gun is a convenient handheld device that provides rapid and direct transfection into a range of targets in vivo.
The unit uses an adjustable low-pressure helium pulse to sweep DNA-, RNA-, or biomaterial-coated gold microcarriers from the inner wall of a small plastic cartridge directly into target cells.
- Provides easy-to-use, rapid, versatile gene delivery independent of target cell type
- Facilitates both transient and stable expression
- Requires only small amounts of DNA and cells; no carrier DNA needed
- Enables codelivery of more than one plasmid
- Allows transfer of large DNA fragments
- Targets intracellular gene delivery to many cells
- Works for both in vitro and in vivo transformation
- Delivers no extraneous genes or proteins