GeneJuice® Transfection Reagent
EMD Millipore, a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
GeneJuice® Transfection Reagent is a proprietary formulation optimized for maximal transfection efficiency, ease of use, and minimal cytotoxicity. This transfection reagent is a superior alternati...read more
GeneJuice® Transfection Reagent is a proprietary formulation optimized for maximal transfection efficiency, ease of use, and minimal cytotoxicity.
This transfection reagent is a superior alternative to a wide variety of other techniques including calcium phosphate coprecipitation, electroporation, microinjection, biolistic particle delivery, and complex formation with DEAE-dextran.
Whereas many available transfection reagents are based on cationic lipid formulations, GeneJuice is composed of a nontoxic cellular protein and a small amount of a novel polyamine. The unique chemistry provides several advantages over lipid-based transfection, including:
• Highly efficient DNA transfer for both stable and transient transfections
• Minimal cellular toxicity
• Compatibility with both serum-containing and serum-free media
• Simple protocol – no need for media changes
• Ideal for high throughput (HT) transection in a multi-well plate
GeneJuice Transfection Reagent has been demonstrated to provide excellent performance in both stable and transient transfection of eukaryotic cells and is ideal for use with Novagen's pTriEx™ transient and stable expression vectors.
The 1 ml size provides enough reagent to perform up to 500 transfections in standard 35 mm plates. The reagent is also available in an introductory 0.3 ml size. GeneJuice is supplied as a ready-to-use sterile solution.
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!