GE Healthcare's Nuclepore
Cells can be readily grown on a matrix. This matrix needs to be a solid substrate which does not interact with the growth procedure of the cells and which permits easy transportation of liquid throughout the substrate into the cells.
The most suitable matrix for this application is a polycarbonate membrane. No toxic surface tension
improvers are used during the manufacturing process, preventing any interaction of extractables with cells during the growth process.
Nuclepore membranes have a smooth and flat surface offering good visibility of cells during and after cell culture. Simply place your Nuclepore membrane on the culture media and spike your cells on the surface.
Features and benefits of GE Healthcare's Nuclepore
• Low protein binding and low extractables ensuring no sample contamination
• High chemical resistance and good thermal stability for a wide range of samples
• Low, consistent ash and tare weights
• Smooth flat surface for good visibility of particles
Applications of GE Healthcare's Nuclepore
• Epifluorescence microscopy
• Environmental analysis
• Cell biology
• EPA testing
• Fuel testing
• Air analysis
• Water microbiology