GE Healthcare's Benchkote and Benchkote
GE Healthcare's Benchkote and Benchkote Plus
Benchkote is an absorbent, impermeable material designed to protect laboratory surfaces against hazardous spills. The paper side quickly adsorbs liquid, while the polyethylene layer prevents leakage and flow through on the working surface.
Benchkote Plus is a thicker and more absorbant material, which is particularly suitable for keeping cell incubators humidified. The paper side of Benchkote Plus can absorb > 0.75 l of water/m2.
Cell incubators are used to grow and maintain cell cultures. The incubator keeps cultures at an optimal temperature and humidity. Many will also regulate the carbon dioxide (CO2) and oxygen content of the atmosphere inside, in which case they are also called CO2 incubators. For mammalian cells, the chamber temperature is typically set to 37°C and the relative humidity needs to be > 95%.
In addition to its ease of use, Benchkote also reduces potential risks of contamination. By regularly replacing the Benchkote, possible sources of contamination can be excluded.
Benchkote Plus is a thicker, more absorbent material for more demanding applications and can absorb in excess of 0.75 liters of water per square meter.
Features and benefits of Whatman Benchkote Plus:
• Material is very strong, making it tear resistant, wet or dry
• Smooth white surface can be written on with ink or pencil and lies flat
• Suitable for saturation with disinfectant to protect benches where pathogens and other bacteria are present
• Use polyethylene side up to collect deposits without absorption
• Paper side quickly absorbs liquid spills preventing liquids from going through to the work surface
• Spillages are trapped in the absorbent paper
• Benchkote can be incinerated after use; the polyethylene layer does not melt or drip but is rapidly consumed in the flames
Applications of Whatman Benchkote Plus:
• Containing radiochemical spillage and avoiding contamination
• Recovering spillage of expensive materials
• Protecting hard surfaces to lessen impact
• Water or solvent wick for humidity chambers
• Lining of chemical cabinets, laboratory bench drawers, and laboratory hoods
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries