FT-IR Vacuum Spectrometer Advantage
The major advantage of using FT-IR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy in vacuum is to avoid the absorption of atmospheric moisture and other gases.
Vacuum spectrometer provide a better stability and allow a reproducibility in comparison to dry air or nitrogen-purged spectrometers.
FT-IR Vacuum Spectrometer Advantage Features:
- Weak spectral features are not masked by moisture absorptions
- High spectral resolution features do not interfere with CO2 and H2O absorption lines
- Cast aluminum housing of the optics bench provides high stability
- Rapid evacuation by high speed, oil-free vacuum pump
- No problems caused by dry air purge supply fluctuations