- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The Tecan Freedom EVO Liquid Handling Workstation enables fully automated parallel column chromatography for the first time, using Atoll’s MediaScout® RoboColumn system, entirely removing all manual steps from column equilibration to column regeneration. The system is a powerful new tool for process development, bioreactor monitoring and sample conditioning, by allowing valid chromatographic conditions to be used without sophisticated LC systems.
MediaScout® RoboColumns feature individual mini columns arranged on a 96-well format base plate, sealing to the fixed tips of the liquid handling arm through a pressure tight inlet (patents pending). The Freedom EVO platform controls flow rate and transfer volumes with accurate and precise positive liquid displacement to achieve highly reproducible chromatographic separations.
• Choice of any commercially available resin
• Pre-packed in the volumes of 50, 100, 200, 450, 500 or 600 µl
• Bed heights of 2.5, 5, 10, 22.5, 25 or 30 mm, inner diameter 5 mm
• Flow rates adjustable between 16.2 cm/h and 1500 cm/h
• Simulation of gradients by using incremental buffer conditions
• Data points of fractions down to 25 µl combine to chromatograms
• Parallel processing of 8 columns simultaneously
• Resin and condition screening to determine optimum purification conditions
• Method development for transfer to larger scale purification
• Sample conditioning/purification/concentration for downstream applications like protein
• Crystallography, ELISA or MS analysis.
• Bioreactor monitoring to determine the optimal harvesting point
• Depletion of abundant components to treat thousands of samples
Application notes and news
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Research Scientist / Senior / PI
Read more »
"Excellent system for screening and scale up chromatography."