FlowSyn Continuous Flow Reactor
FlowSyn - Making Flow Chemistry Simple
FlowSyn is a fully integrated continuous flow reactor with everything you need to start doing flow chemistry including reaction optimization, synthesis and scale up.
To provide maximum flexibility, a wide range of mixer and reactor options are available as well as additional modules for performing multiple experiments, or sub-ambient chemistry.
• Ability to perform continuous flow chemistry under microwave-like conditions (up to 260oC).
• Perform sub-ambient continuous flow chemistry using the 'Cold Coil'.
• Run up to 10 automated sequential experiments with the 'Automated Experiment Package'.
A pair of high pressure pumps are used to deliver reagent solutions from either stock bottles or sample injection loops through a 'T'-mixer into the electrically heated flow reactors. Reactions can be heated to 260?C and 150?C in the coil and column reactor modules respectively. Back pressure regulators of up to 1000 psi are used to pressurise the system and thus perform superheating of solvents, allowing the chemist to access'microwave like' conditions with no limitation on scale.
FlowSyn is very easy to use with a high resolution user interface. The user is guided through the process for setting up a flow chemistry reaction by inputting parameters for reagent volumes, temperatures and reaction times. The user can choose to collect all of the reaction plug, or only the 'steady state' part. FlowSyn will then equilibrate and run the reaction, and finally flush the system through with solvent. Throughout FlowSyn will monitor the pressure of the system, and shut down if a problem occurs allowing FlowSyn to be safely run unattended.
Application notes and news
- Flow Synthesis: Reaction Optimisation and Scale-up in Meso-reactors
- FlowSyn™: An Integrated Bench-top Continuous Flow Reactor
- A Safer Route to Organic Azides Using Segmented Flow
- Control of Mixing and Temperature using a Mesoscale Flow Reactor
- Automated Combinatorial Flow Chemistry with the FlowSyn Auto-LF Loop Filling Module from Uniqsis
- Uniqsis Launches New Gas Addition Module to Promote Efficient Gas Dependent Flow Reactions
- Controlling Gas Liquid Chemistries
- New Portfolio of Modular Flow Systems from Uniqsis
- Collaboration on Novel Microwave-based Flow Chemistry
- Flow Chemistry Specialist Uniqsis Introduces New Gas Addition Module for Continuous Flow Reactors
- Uniqsis to Present New FlowSyn Modules at ACS 2010