Imagine preparing assay plates for siRNA screening, compound screening with biochemical and cell-based assays, PCR reactions and more all on a single liquid handling platform, with no tips and no cross-contamination. Labcyte has developed new acoustic droplet ejection (ADE) parameters that deliver built-in intelligence to enable users to transfer many different fluid types from a single instrument. All Echo systems come pre-calibrated so that you can switch among different fluid types with just a click of the mouse. No further adjustment is required for you to be productive immediately. These developments combine the latest discoveries in wavelength, power and timing requirements for ADE with real-time fluid measurement at multiple points during a run. The resulting algorithms solve some of the most significant liquid handling challenges with volatile, low-surface tension and/or meniscus-shifting fluids. Volumetric accuracy and precision for all fluids tested so far—including buffers, nucleic acid and protein solutions, surfactants, serum and cell culture media—are comparable to established performance with DMSO.
The Echo® 520 liquid handler delivers the same superior precision and accuracy as the award-winning 550 and 555 models, for laboratories with lower throughput needs. Like the Echo 550 and Echo 555 liquid handlers, the Echo 520 uses "touchless" ADE transfer technology. ADE uses sound energy to transfer 2.5 nL droplets from Echo-qualified 384- and 1536-well source plates into 96-, 384-, 1536- and 3456-well destination plates. This unique touchless technology eliminates consumable tip costs, washing, and cross-contamination. Unsurpassed volumetric precision (≤ 8% CV) and accuracy (≤ 10% CV) ensure superior results. Independent studies have shown that Echo liquid handlers eliminate false negatives due to sample loss on tip surfaces in low-concentration transfers. The Echo 520 liquid handler reports source well volume, but does not report DMSO hydration values.
• Compound management
• Compound screening
• siRNA screening
• Biochemical assays
• Cell-based assays
• Gene expression
Application notes and news
- Automated RT-qPCR Utilizing the Access™ Workstation, the Echo® Liquid Handler, and RealTime Ready™ Reagents
- Chemiluminescent Detection of PathHunter® Cell-Based GPCR and Kinase Assays
- Miniaturised High-Throughput siRNA Workflows and High-Throughput, low volume, siRNA Screening
- A Sound Combination for Superior Miniaturized Assay Preparation
- Automatic Acoustic Liquid Handling with Dynamic Fluid Analysis™
- QIAGEN to Provide siRNA Libraries in Labcyte Acoustically Compatible Microplates
- Labcyte Receives 1st Patent in China for Droplet Ejection Technology and Liquid Transfer
- Labcyte Expands Acoustic Dispensing and Launches Into New Markets
- Through the Eye of a Needle – Labcyte Awarded U. S. Patent Describing the Acoustic Transfer of Droplets int...