The DiversiLab® System employs the following simple steps to generate unique, reproducible fingerprints for each of your microbial samples.
- DNA Extraction: Extract DNA from isolated cultures.
- rep-PCR Amplification: Amplify samples using rep-PCR* and the appropriate DiversiLab DNA Fingerprinting Kits.
- Detection: Separate fragments via electrophoresis performed in a microfluidics DNA LabChip®.
- Data Analysis: Analyze data in real time with reports accessible via an individual secured website.
*rep-PCR: amplification of noncoding repetitive sequences interspersed throughout the bacterial genome using Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
Based on patented rep-PCR technology, microbial isolates can quickly and accurately be distinguished at the subspecies and strain level.
- For Clinical Laboratory:
Compare samples from multiple patients, locations or dates
Utilize pre-validated libraries for characterization of niche organisms
Replace serological typing for E. coli and Salmonella
- For Clinicians and Administrators:
Proactively uncover hidden reservoirs of resistance
Control the spread of HAIs using same-day strain typing
Separate community-associated from healthcare-associated Staphylococcus aureus
Track seasonal outbreaks from year to year