Diaphragm Pump Series
VACUUBRAND´s aluminum design diaphragm pump is a perfect match for many applications in the laboratory and operations because it is oil-free and whisper quiet, and because it requires so little service.
Diaphragms have especially long lives and hermetically seal the drive space from the pumping chamber to protect mechanical parts from corrosion. The pumps achieve their distinctively high performance from high pumping chamber volume relative to the minimal dead space. Highly flexible FKM double diaphragms with fabric reinforcement ensure an extremely long diaphragm lifetime. The pumps operate absolutely oil free and do not have any sliding components in the gas path. In normal operation they are completely free of abrasion. Besides contributing to the long service intervals the lack of abrasion also eliminates most of the particulate impurities frequently generated inside of scroll or piston pumps. This makes VACUUBRAND diaphragm pumps the right choice for clean applications.
• Innovative connections in the new NT models ensure very low leak rates for excellent flow rates under vacuum and long-term performance stability, even after thousands of hours of service.
• No abrasion, making it dust- and contamination-free
• Long diaphragm and valve lifetimes: Made of highly flexible FKM, with fabric-reinforced double diaphragms for improved long term stability
• New patented drive support system in NT pump models provide for uniquely quiet, low-vibration operation
VACUUBRAND has now verified that most of its diaphragm pumps and pumping units do not have ignition sources in the internal, wetted parts area, and so meet the requirements of ATEX equipment category 3. This includes capacitive vacuum sensors, measuring devices and solenoid operated valves. These products can used for pumping of Ex-mixtures “infrequently“ or “for a short period“. During normal operation there is no ignition source in the internal, wetted parts area. At gas temperatures up to 40°C the maximum surface and gas temperatures in the internal, wetted parts area remain below the limits specified in ATEX temperature class T3. For areas with hazardous atmosphere around the pump and for “occasional” pumping of Ex-mixtures the special ATEX pumps for category 2 (inside and around the pump, for example, for Zone 1) continue to be recommended.
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!