Custom Peptide Synthesis
The scientists at 21st Century Biochemicals have decades of peptide synthesis and purification experience. We manufacture 100% of the peptides we sell in our laboratories in the Boston area. Unlike most other peptides companies that produce peptides off-shore or purchase peptides from 3rd parties, we control all aspects of the manufacturing process and thus you can be assured that your peptides will be of the highest quality. Whether you require a few mg of highly purified peptide or 100 grams of a 35 amino acid peptide, the scientists at 21st Century will deliver the highest quality product at reasonable prices. In addition, our highly trained scientific staff can assist you in choosing peptide sequences and purities to suit your specific research needs.
We are serious about Quality Control at 21st Century Biochemicals and have high end instrumentation to insure we deliver the highest quality product to each and every customer. We have a complete MS lab that includes a QSTAR XL Pro, a Qo-TOF quadrapole nanospray MS with a nanoLC for LCMS. The QSTAR is accurate to 10ppm and eliminates the ambiguities, particularly for longer peptides where the typical MALDI instrument has an error of 250ppm (+/-0.5Da for a 2,000Da peptide). As part of our rigorous QC and exclusive to 21st Century Biochemicals, we offer MS CheckT peptide sequence confirmation at no extra charge with every peptide ordered at purities of 85% or higher. With MS CheckT, we confirm not just that the mass of the peptide is correct but we insure that the peptide sequence is correct 100% of the time. Although a vast majority of peptides are made properly by most reputable peptide companies, both human and machine errors can result in the occasional manufacture of peptides with transposed or incorrect amino acids. MS CheckT insures that our customers receive the highest quality peptides with 100% peptide fidelity. MS CheckT analysis of peptide immunogens is also included at no extra charge with all custom affinity antibody protocols!
A MALDI-TOF instrument is also available for the rapid analysis of in process samples. As part of our production process, long peptides are analyzed during production to improve overall turnaround and delivery and to spot issues early in the production process.
Our peptide services include:
- Peptides from 2 to over 136 amino acids in length - purities up to >98% available
- Scales from mg to 500 grams - we can produce peptides at scales that work for you
- Modified peptides - phosphorylated, methyl-lysine/arginine, biotinylated, dye-labeled, FRET, cyclized (disulfide bonded/lactam bridges), scaffolded peptides, MAP peptides and much more
- Cell-permeable peptides - our expertise is unmatched; peptides can be delivered to various cellular compartments using a variety of cell-permeable vectors; click here for more info
- Overlapping peptides - for epitope mapping, T cell assays, other applications; with a capacity of over 1,500 peptides per month, we can provide rapid turnaround for
- Peptide arrays - available on plates, individual tubes or in formats to fit your research
- Peptide libraries - peptides with one or more degenerate sites for drug discovery or other applications; modified peptide libraries
- Stable-labeled - 13C/15N-labeled peptides, tryptic peptides for biomarker work Methylated lysine/arginine for epigenetic research