The CM-5 bench-top spectrophotometer is an easy-to-use, color measurement instrument that features a keyboard and color LCD screen, eliminating the need for a computer. This product has the ability to automatically calibrate every start-up, measure a variety of sample sizes and forms, and includes internal calibration for standard chemical and pharmaceutical indices. The CM-5 Spectrophotomet...read more
1 scientist has reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Student / Graduate
Food / Beverage
Cape Peninsula University of Technology/Pioneer Foods
Read more »
"I love how the program can be used on its own or through the connection on PC, making it easy to do data analysis when doing color, from giving visual results on the graphs and calculations, to plotting the data calculated from the samples. I would recommend it to universities as well as it’s really time saving and is more of a rapid method and easier to understand and use. Sample Preparation is not even that time consuming, I think in 5-10 minutes you can do triplicate samples and be finished. Great value for money and investment."
The CM-5 bench-top spectrophotometer is an easy-to-use, color measurement instrument that features a keyboard and color LCD screen, eliminating the need for a computer.
This product has the ability to automatically calibrate every start-up, measure a variety of sample sizes and forms, and includes internal calibration for standard chemical and pharmaceutical indices.
The CM-5 Spectrophotometer, a stand-alone, top-port color measuring instrument, is bench-top spectrophotometer with a large LCD screen and onboard software which eliminates the need for a separate computer. Color plots, as well as graphical and numerical data are displayed on the screen. The Operation Wizard, included with the unit, guides the user through the measurement process. Select Automatic Calibration to perform calibration every time the unit is turned on. Not only can the unit measure both transmittance and reflectance, but the user can can designate PASS/FAIL tolerances for each measurement as well.
- Easy 1-2-3 measurement – 1. Switch power on, 2. Position sample, 3. Press MEAS
- Large color LCD – easy to read, displays data graphically and numerically, and shows PASS/FAIL judgments and color plots
- Wizard for on-screen operation guidance – users making instrument settings are provided guidance by the Operation Wizard
- Multi-user friendly – utilizing a USB memory stick, users can store each user’s settings and later read these settings back into the instrument for the next use. The USB can also be used to save target and measurement data
- Automatic calibration – Set the unit to Automatic Calibration and every time the unit is turned on calibration can be performed automatically
- 8 languages - can be shown in English, German, Japanese, Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and simplified Chinese
- Top-port design – positioning the sample is easy with the top-port design
Three measuring areas – adapt to different sample sizes with available target masks, including 30mm, 8mm, 3mm
- Measures variety of samples – optional Petri dish accessory enables measurement of pellets, granules, powders, chunky samples, pastes, and opaque liquids. Simply place solids on top. For small samples the 3mm target mask is suitable, and for tiny unique samples, custom mini Petri dishes are available
- Large transmittance chamber – a large transmittance chamber with no sides is revealed by sliding open the unit, so even large sample sheets up to 60mm thick can be inserted and measured
- Liquid measurements using cells – can measure liquids with optional cells, lengths 2mm, 10mm, and 20mm in order to measure different densities
- Internal calibration for standard chemical/pharmaceutical indices – Gardner, Hazen/APHA, Iodine Color Number, US Pharmacopeia and European Pharmacopoeia can all be internally calibrated
- Spectral absorbance measurement – a variety of industries can utilize new Graphical and numerical Absorbance displays