Cary 4000 UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Chalmers University of Technology
Read more »
"This product is very easy to use and handle. Once you buy it there are no more costs and you can use it for example, to control threading intercalation of complexes (anti-cancer drugs) in DNA. "
The Cary 4000 is a high performance UV-visible spectrophotometer with excellent photometric performance in the 175-900 nm range, making it a powerful tool for analyzing biotechnology samples with minimal sample preparation.
Controlled by the Cary WinUV software, a Windows-based modular software, it can be ordered with specific modules for bio and pharma. The UV-Visible spectrophotometer has a number of optional accessories for liquid samples like temperature control, autosamplers, multicell holders, and sippers.
Cary 4000 UV-Visible Spectrophotometer Features:
- Measure beyond 8.0 absorbance units with reference beam attenuation
- WinUV software– optional modules for bio and pharma
- Versatile set of accessories including temperature control, liquid and solid sample holders, autosamplers, multicell holders, sippers, and fluorescence
- Variable slit widths (down to 0.01 nm) for optimum control over data resolution
- Large sample compartment with precision LockDown mechanism for quick changes of accessories
- Maximum light throughput using Schwarzchild coupling optics
- Minimal noise and stray light using a floating aluminum casting and double Littrow monochromator
- Extended dynamic range by attenuating the reference beam more in line with the sample absorbance
- Nitrogen pumping – separate purging in the sample and monochromator compartments