Carbo 520 Optical Process CO2 Sensor
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Al Rafae Associates
Read more »
"It’s an excellent feature to monitor CO2 online for better control of CO2 in Beverages. It saves time and keeps the quality under control. The after validation can be safely relied upon. It is an excellent product. We would like to recommend to the Beverage Industry. "
Imagine a new kind of certainty in your production line: With the new Carbo 520 Optical inline sensor you always know the actual CO2 concentration of all beverages in your process. Carbo 520 Optical is the first CO2 sensor based on the spectroscopic approach of Attenuated Total Reflection (ATR) from Anton Paar.
Carbo 520 Optical is a process CO2 sensor for beverages easily installed inline. In direct contact with your sample, the system provides linear, drift-free CO2 readings over the entire measurement range from 0 g/L to 12 g/L.
Carbo 520 Optical employs an optical method to selectively measure CO2, uninfluenced by other gases or the samples’ color and turbidity. This principle is based on infrared spectroscopy and is called ATR, for Attenuated Total Reflection. An ATR crystal in constant contact with the sample is suffused by a beam of infrared light, which passes through the crystal in such a way that it reflects off the crystal’s inner surface. The reflected beam contains specific absorption bands related to the CO2 molecules in the sample. These bands’ intensity is measured by a detector and used to precisely calculate the sample’s CO2 concentration.
Carbo 520 Optical Process O2 Sensor Features & Benefits:
- Optical measurement principle, no moving parts.
- Requires 10 W or less.
- Needs no external purging gas or compressed air.
- No consumables required.
- Selective CO2 measurement.
- Not influenced by other gases (as as nitrogen, oxygen).
- Color and turbidity are irrelevant to the measurement results.
- Sugar composition or solubility have no influence.
- Same measurement method for all kinds of beverages like colas, beers, wines etc.
- Direct "inline" measurement.
- No problems with particles like fruit fibers or pulp.
- EHEDG certified.
- Suitable for aseptic production.
- Very fast measurement results - every 4 seconds.
- Full connectivity by fieldbus communication (PROFIBUS, ModBus TCP, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP).
- Classic analog outputs (4-20 mA) and digital-IOs available.