As a central component in the proteomics-related hardware and software suite from Bruker Daltonics, BioTools provides an unprecedented support to mass spectrometry-based proteomics and protein analysis.
BioTools is designed for the interpretation of MS and MS/MS spectra of protein digests or peptides obtained with the full range of Bruker Daltonics ESI and MALDI instruments.
BioTools has been developed to translate mass spectral information into knowledge in both major approaches for proteomics and protein analysis: screening approaches generating high amounts of data and in-depth analysis of single or a low number of proteins, such as modifications, polymorphisms or splice variants.
BioTools plays a key-role in the unique WARP-technology.
Features of BioTools for automated protein identification via library search
- Protein identification as batch process using MALDI-TOF fingerprint, PSD and complete LC-MS/MS data.
- Search result judgement by Fuzzy Logic.
- Batch result reporting, including visualization of MALDI-TOF results in MTP viewer format.
- De-novo sequencing support.
Features of BioTools for detailed structural analysis of selected proteins
- Seamless link of MS and MS/MS spectra and web-based library searches.
- Automatic MS and MS/MS spectra annotation based on protein sequences.
- Sequence handling with full support of cross-links and modifications.
- Screening tools for post-translational modifications (PTMs).
- Fine-structure characterization of proteins.
- De-novo sequencing by RapiDeNovo module.
- MS-BLAST homology search support.