Arktic is TTP Labtech’s new modular store, providing a low footprint, high capacity solution to -80°C biobanking. It offers fast automated cherry-picking of individual samples.
Academic research groups and pharmaceutical companies need low cost compact, automated and secure -80°C biostore facilities to accommodate increasing volumes of biological samples, ranging from DNA and RNA, to cell lines, stem cells and tissues.
Effective biobanking is an essential pre-requisite for high-quality biological research. The proper collection, processing, storage, and tracking of biospecimens are vital components allowing researchers to achieve accurate and valuable research results. To meet these challenges, TTP Labtech has created arktic – a low cost, compact storage unit which provides unrivalled storage density, full sample tracking and rapid retrieval.
To ensure viability and reduce sample degradation it is vital to minimise the risks of thawing, either within the cold zone or during sample selection. TTP Labtech’s arktic provides easy sample access and stable temperatures to give you unrivalled robustness and reliability for your -80°C storage requirements.
Arktic® Biostore Features:
- High Density, Low Cost Storage - outstanding storage of up to 95,000 0.5 mL or 60,000 1.0 mL samples per module.
- Automated Sample Retrieval - tubes can be pre-sorted within the -80°C environment with racks of up to 96 tubes being dispensed in under 3 minutes. Individual microtubes can be cherry picked and delivered from store within 60 seconds.
- Sample Integrity - samples are stored in dry air or nitrogen in a hermetically sealed environment.
- Secure and Safe Sample Tracking - 2D barcoded microtubes and easy to use software ensure easy sample identification and tracking.
- Small Footprint - measuring just 0.8 x 2.0 x 1.3 m, arktic fits neatly into an bench sized space in your laboratory.
- Expandibility - modular system enabling easy expansion as your sample repository grows.
- Flexibility - self-contained units can be sited anywhere and easily relocated as your storage requirements change.
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries