• Superb accuracy and sensitivity for both large and small samples
• Reliable wavelength ratio measurements in seconds
• Optimized resolution and light-throughput
• Fast data acquisition and display
• Wide selection of application accessory options
As the first commercially available scanning spectrofluorometer, the original AMINCO-BowmanTM triggered a revolution in fluorescence instrumentation in the 1950's. For the AB2, only its name links it to the past - everything about this remarkable instrument points to the future of luminescence spectrometry. From its exclusive dual light source design to its versatile sample compartment, the AB2's high-performance hardware provides performance capabilities that you will not find in any other instrument in its class. An extensive list of application programs makes the AB2 the ideal choice for a wide range of uses including:
• excitation and emission wavelength scans
• synchronous scanning
• 3-D emission/excitation matrices
• time traces
• intracellular probe measurements
• quantitative analysis.
The powerful, compact configuration of the AB2 is packed with features that are usually found only in larger systems, such as the dual light sources, and more. This breakthrough design platform provides many advantages:
• The illumination system, lightpath configuration, and horizontal beam geometry combine to produce outstanding sensitivity.
• The beam geometry also allows a minimum volume of 500 microliters in a standard cuvette.
• Fast monochromators provide rapid slewing for multiple wavelength measurements.
• Computer-controlled slits in the monochromators offer the greatest accuracy and reliability.
• Interlocked shutters are an important safety feature that protect the detector.
• A GPIB interface allows fast communication and data transfer between the instrument and computer - a vital link for operations in which timing is a critical factor.
In addition, the sturdy instrument design means greater stability. The top surface is designed to support a personal computer for a compact footprint saving valuable lab space. The versatile T-OpticsTM-compatible sample compartment design makes the AB2 compatible with a number of important accessories. This industry-standard design, along with innovative engineering, takes advantage of many existing accessories to give you the widest range of application options.