Design, implement, and characterize formulations using the automated Adhesives, Coatings and Sealants Workflow
Rapidly and precisely formulate libraries, measure and adjust viscosity, prepare thin coatings on various substrates, and measure their properties.
The Adhesives, Coatings and Sealants Workflow utilizes multiple Core Modules equipped with liquid handling, heating/stirring, viscometric indexing, and a drawdown tool to feed a variety of analytical tools including the surface energy station, parallel DMTA, and the tack, friction and wear station. The automated workflow reduces variability from coating to coating, increasing confidence in results and speeding product development time. It is also available in a Benchtop Systems configuration. The Benchtop System is a self-contained, software-driven system, while the integrated workflow connects with other equipment in the lab and supports searching, security and auditing and configurable document workflow.
Prepare: Broaden the scope of experimentation without increasing time
- Rapidly explore a diverse formulation space by varying synthesis conditions and formulation components.
- Accurately dispense and mix components with a range of viscosities.
- Automatically measure and dilute formulations to desired final viscosity with the automated formulations and viscosity station.
Process: Complete more experiments, faster and reliably
- Reproducibly prepare sample films in a range of thicknesses using the automated drawdown module.
- Exactly replicate samples for each analytical station minimizing variability due to human error.
Analyze: Characterize spectrum of properties for every formulation
- Create complete picture of coating properties through analysis of contact angle, adhesion strength, optical properties, and mechanical properties.
- Correlate coatings performance to experimental design through queries of the application database.