Cell culture flask for automated systems
Greiner Bio-One, in collaboration with the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF), San Diego (USA), has developed a unique cell culture flask, the AutoFlask™, designed for automated tissue culture.
The external dimensions comply with ANSI Standards to render the flask suitable for use on a wide range of cell culture and liquid handling systems. Sterility of the flask content is ensured during solution exchanges through a robot accessible pre-scored multiple entry septum. The oval design facilitates specified slit position and maximal slit size to permit septum piercing with disposable plastic tips. The unique centrifugation pocket enables separation of cells from supernatant in the flask and the integrated hydrophobic filter ensures adequate gas exchange during cultivation of even very sensitive cells.
• Optimized for automated cell culture
• Fits standard microplate footprint
• Compatible with wide range of cell culture and liquid handling systems
• Hydrophobic gaseous exchange membrane
• Proprietary physical surface treatment for adherent cells
• Customizable barcode labeling