4300 Handheld FTIR
The 4300 Handheld FTIR is the first of its kind employing lightweight ergonomics, ease of use, ruggedness, and flexibility into one system. The 4300 weighs in at approximately 2kg. With its lighter weight and new design, the ergonomics of the system make it ideal for field use and deployment into non-laboratory situations. A variety of sampling interfaces (Diffuse Reflectance, External Reflec...read more
The 4300 Handheld FTIR is the first of its kind employing lightweight ergonomics, ease of use, ruggedness, and flexibility into one system.
The 4300 weighs in at approximately 2kg. With its lighter weight and new design, the ergonomics of the system make it ideal for field use and deployment into non-laboratory situations. A variety of sampling interfaces (Diffuse Reflectance, External Reflectance, Grazing Angle, Diamond ATR, Ge ATR) allows the user to easily transition from one sample type to another while on the go, with no alignment or adjustments necessary. Sample types typically include infrared absorbing and scattering surfaces, reflective metal surfaces with coatings and films as well as analysis of bulk materials including powders and granules.
The hardware design, along with the easy to use MicroLab Mobile software allows for experienced users as well as novice users to quickly utilize the system on the go. The high performance optics employed in the instrument allow for even the most difficult samples to be easily measured. This makes the 4300 ideal for a variety of non-destructive analysis applications. The analysis of Polymers, Coatings, Composites and even historical artifacts and artwork can easily be done in situ without destroying the sample or removing it from its location. These benefits also make the 4300 the optimal analytical tool for both geological and soil science studies.
4300 Handheld FTIR Features:
- Light weight - Make measurements for longer periods with less physical strain. At 2.2 kg (4.8 lb), the 4300 Handheld FTIR is the lightest handheld FTIR in existence.
- Balanced - Take more accurate and precise measurements. With a center of gravity located at the handle, the system is comfortable to use.
- Rapid Scanning - Scan large surface areas in less time. With the optional MCT detector, the 4300 Handheld FTIR enables measurements to be made more rapidly.
- Non-destructive - No need to excise a sample to be analyzed in a lab. The handheld spectrometer is brought to the object or surface to be measured.
- Immediate results - Focus on the measurement locations of greatest importance. At-site analysis lets you make decisions in real-time.
- Versatile - Analyze a wide range of materials and surface types. A selection of interchangeable, no-alignment sampling interfaces are available.
- Intuitive - Easy-to-use software guides less experienced personnel to actionable results, faster. Preprogrammed methods, powered by advanced mathematical models, and reporting features all function automatically behind the scenes.