Product News: New Pro1030 Handheld Meter from YSI Measures pH, ORP, and Conductivity in the FieldYSI, a Xylem brand, announced the addition of yet another meter to its highly successful, growing line of Professional Series instruments.
The field-worthy YSI Pro1030 “is rugged and reliable,” says Tim Grooms, YSI Director of Water Quality Products. “It provides ease of use in a handheld instrument for the measurement of either pH or ORP, along with temperature, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, and total dissolved solids (TDS).”
YSI engineers have included customer-friendly features into the Pro1030, such as user-replaceable pH and ORP sensors, cables, and a convenient calibration. In addition, its ruggedness is backed up by military-spec connectors, IP67 waterproof and rubber over-molded case, and 1-meter drop tests. A super-stable 4-electrode conductivity cell is built into the cable, and the cells are easy to clean, requiring minimal maintenance.
“Clearly,” adds Grooms, “The YSI Pro1030 is designed to remain accurate and operational for years, even in the harshest field conditions. This rich feature set gives the Pro1030 a low total cost of ownership, which is what YSI customers have come to expect.” Additional features include:
• Smart calibration routine allows easy calibrations with the press of a button, remembers previous cal values and simply walks you through the calibration
• Stores 50 data sets
• Graphic, backlit display and glow in the dark keypad
• Available with 1, 4, 10, 20, or 30-meter cables (4-meter and longer cables include cable management kit)
• Display is legible while wearing polarized sunglasses
• Multiple languages include English, Spanish, French and Portuguese
• User-replaceable pH or ORP sensors and cables
• Conductivity cell built-in
• 3-year instrument; 2-year cable warranty; 1-year pH and ORP sensor warranty