- New Low Pressure Gradient Option for Metrohm Professional IC Range
Product News: New Low Pressure Gradient Option for Metrohm Professional IC RangeThe new 850 Professional Anion MCS Low Pressure (LP) Gradient (2.850.2210) is the perfect tool for new method development and for gradient analysis, offering an alternative to the high pressure gradient instrument that already exists in the Metrohm 850 Professional Ion Chromatography (IC) range. The 850 Professional IC instruments from Metrohm are the only IC instruments with intelligence as standard and represent 20 plus years of creative separation solutions to the field of IC.
The use of gradient chemistry (whereby the eluent strength is increased during the run) facilitates shorter retention times for late eluting peaks – however it is the Metrohm opinion that with correct selection of the column and optimum mobile phase then most separations in a routine environment can be solved isocratically. It is important to realise that any gradient separation also requires an additional equilibration step at the end of the separation where the mobile phase is returned to its original (weaker) state.
The 850 Professional IC Anion MCS LP Gradient can be operated with sequential, chemical or without suppression for complete flexibility depending upon the application of use. The low-pressure gradient unit is also a very useful tool for method development as it can be used as an eluent selector for automatic switching between three different eluents so method development can be performed automatically overnight.
Some of the many benefits of Metrohm Professional IC instruments:-
• Intelligent IC – iPump, iDetector, iColumn, iDosing Units with automatic recognition through the intelligent MagIC Net software.
• MagIC Net software - for complete system monitoring and ensures that the control cards for calibration and samples are adhered to and documented in an FDA and GLP compliant form. Report functionality can be performed easily. Operation of the instrument can be performed with “One Button” IC for novice operation.
• iColumns – automatic recognition of the column that knows already its optimal eluent, flow rate and the maximum pressure to safeguard the column.
• iDetector – Digital Signal Processing with a 0 – 15000µS/cm single range.
• Suppressor – the lowest noise of any anion suppressor on the market with full solvent compatibility and resistance to transition metals.
• Warranty – ten years on the suppressor and three years on the instrument hardware ensure low running costs in addition to the reasonable purchase price. Typical consumable costs for an automated instrument are £1000 per annum.