BioTek Highlights Microplate Reader, Washer/Dispenser Technologies and More at SBS 2009
15 Apr 2009BioTek Instruments, Inc., will present their latest advancements in microplate instrumentation technologies at the 15th annual Society for Biomolecular Sciences Conference & Exhibition, booth 152. The exhibition will be held April 26-30, 2009 at the Lille Grand Palais in Lille, France.
Featured at the BioTek booth will be the new modular, monochromator-based Synergy™ Mx Multi-Mode Microplate Reader with Ultra Fine-Tuned™ performance. This reader provides fluorescence, luminescence and absorbance results on par with that normally found only in dedicated single-mode systems. The top- and bottom-read fluorescence system is fully monochromator-based and equipped with a variable bandpass selection system for added flexibility, while premium quadruple grating architecture guarantees and exquisite level of spectral discrimination and smooth spectral scans.
Also on display, the new EL406™ 1536-well Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser offers fast and efficient microplate washing and dispensing in 1536-well microplates as well as 96- and 384-well microplates. By combining microplate washing and up to three reagent dispensers, researchers no longer need to purchase and maintain separate instruments for each assay wash and reagent dispense step. Accurate and precise dispensing is available from peristaltic and microprocessor-controlled syringe drive reagent dispensing technologies. It’s also BioStack™ Microplate Stacker compatible and controlled via LHC™ Software or the instrument’s onboard keypad.
The EL406 will also be featured in the tutorial, “Improving the Performance of Wash Assays in 96-, 384-, and 1536-well Densities”, presented at the conference Monday April 27 from 1:45 to 2:30pm in the Charles de Gaulle room.
BioTek’s technical poster presentations at SBS 2009 include:
• Automation of Predictor™ hERG Fluorescence Polarization Assay Using Precision™ Automated Pipetting System for Serial Dilution of Small Molecule Drugs for IC50 Determinations
• Automated ApoTox-Glo Multiplexed Assay to Simultaneously Assess Cell Viability, Cytotoxicity and Apoptosis
• Bacmam-enabled Cellular Assays Measuring Histone Post-translational Modifications
• Optimization and Validation of a High-throughput Time-Resolved Fluorescence (HTRF) Assay for Inhibitors to Class IA Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Isoform Activity
• Multiplexed GPCR Assays using HTRF® Technology
• Automated ELISA Liquid Handling with EL406™ Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser
• Automation of Luminescence-based CYP Inhibition Assays for Use in Drug Discovery
Also featured at the BioTek booth are BioStack™ automation modules, which can be connected to BioTek’s microplate instruments for increased speed, flexibility and ease of operation, and Precision™ XS Microplate Sample Processor, with four distinct liquid transfer tools in one compact platform.
Details on BioTek’s products and technologies are available at Booth #152
Company websiteBioTek Instruments, Inc.