- Advanced Instruments Introduces World’s Fastest High Throughput Freezing Point Osmometer
Product News: Advanced Instruments Introduces World’s Fastest High Throughput Freezing Point OsmometerAdvanced Instruments, Inc. today introduced the world’s fastest freezing point osmometer to the
biotechnology industry. The revolutionary high throughput Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer measures 96 samples in about 35 minutes.
Designed to automate laboratory work and reduce the time for cell culture process optimization, the high throughput Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer incorporates eight computer controlled osmometers and a robotic sample handling system, all enclosed in a safety cabinet.
“Scientists and laboratory directors face a growing need for better tools to perform cell culture process development. The new Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer meets the process parameters demanded to accurately measure at high volumes, as is customary with drug discovery,” said Peter Costas, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Advanced Instruments.
With the new Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer, biotechnology researchers are equipped with:
- Eight computer-controlled analysis units
- Accurate osmolality measurement in clinical, industrial, and research settings
- Robotic system that quickly provides smooth, automated sample handling
- Enclosed components in an easily accessible safety cabinet
- Random-access, fully programmable system controls
- Statistical analysis components that provide mean, standard, deviation and coefficient of
- Data export
- LIMS user interface
- Flexible reporting options and results storage/retrieval
- Barcode reader that provides additional input options
- Sterile consumables containment area that prevents contamination of cell culture reactors
“The Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer combines the freezing point depression method of osmolality measurement with a 96 well format, providing the unmatched combination of speed, accuracy and versatility required by biotechnology scientists and laboratory directors,” said Costas.
The Multi-Sample 20G Osmometer operating process begins when 96 sample tubes are presented to the system at the start of a cycle in a modified, microplate (SBS) format. The automated sample handling system then moves the tubes and probe cleaners to and from the eight osmometers. Results are displayed on a color touch-screen monitor and can be automatically transferred to a central database.