- Wyatt Technology Exhibit ViscoStar® II at Pittcon 2013
Product News: Wyatt Technology Exhibit ViscoStar® II at Pittcon 2013Wyatt Technology, the world leader in absolute macromolecular characterization instrumentation and software, introduces its innovative instrument, the ViscoStar® II viscometer. The ViscoStar II represents Wyatt Technology’s latest generation online differential viscometer, which incorporates a traditional four-arm “bridge” design. It combines high accuracy with contemporary electronics and can be integrated with Wyatt’s Multi-Angle Light Scattering (MALS) detectors and ASTRA® software to benefit the biotechnology, chemical/petrochemical, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Wyatt are exhibiting the ViscoStar II at booth #2133, PittCon 2013, March 17th – March 21st, 2013 Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA.
The ViscoStar is the only viscometer that can measure intrinsic viscosity across the peaks of monodisperse samples, providing truly accurate readings for the first time. The instrument incorporates a high efficiency heat exchange to offer extremely stable baselines, and achieves at least 2x the signal-to-noise ratio of any commercial viscometers currently on the market. Additionally, it features a Transducer Protection System (TPS) which protects sensitive transducer membranes from accidental damage.
The ViscoStar viscometer incorporates a number of “firsts” and state-of-the-art functionality, including:
• Pump pulses are greatly reduced by the ASTRA software-based pulse dampening correction algorithm.
• ASTRA is the most powerful and versatile macromolecular characterization software available able to simultaneously collect data from MALS, RI, UV, QELS, Viscometer, and more.
• ASTRA is also 21 CFR Part 11 compliant for regulated labs.
• User-selectable delay volumes (4, 8 and 15mL) eliminate the need to re-plumb the instrument when a different solvent is chosen.
• 18 bit A/D resolution, Ethernet Communications, and stunning full color LCD-based user interface come standard.
• The ViscoStar accepts external signals for zero, purge and recycle.
The ViscoStar can be combined with Wyatt’s groundbreaking HPLC software system, ASTRA 6, or can be easily integrated with any HPLC system.