- In-line Process Analysis of Granules, Powders, Slurries or Opaque Samples with the NIRS Analyzer Pro from Metrohm
Product News: In-line Process Analysis of Granules, Powders, Slurries or Opaque Samples with the NIRS Analyzer Pro from MetrohmThe NIRS Analyzer Pro is a proven system for qualitative and quantitative content analysis in the manufacturing industries. Designed for the harsh environment of the production floor, it is based on high resolution diode array technology and provides non-destructive analysis of granules, powders, slurries or opaque samples right in the process line. Real-time measurements and simple operation make it the preferred solution for closed-loop automatic control enabling users to consistently run their production closer to target specifications.
The NIRS Analyzer Pro analyzer is available with dedicated interfaces based on reflectance or transmittance technology whichever is best suited for each application area. Measurements are done directly on the moving sample in the process stream. A high-intensity dual-lamp light source illuminates the sample directly or through an optical fiber. The light interacts with the sample and the reflected or transmitted light is measured by the diode array sensor. The backup lamp in the dual lamp system secures uptime and analytical accuracy is unchanged even after switching to a new lamp.
The complete wavelength range is measured instantaneously enabling measurements also on fast moving samples with high accuracy. Calibrations are transferable between units ensuring easy expansion to other measurement points. Integration to process regulations systems can be done through the Metrohm OPC interface. The NIRS Analyzer Pro complies with the following directives:
• Low Voltage Directive (LVD) (2006/95/EC)
• RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC)
• Packaging and packing and waste Directive (94/62/EC)
• WEEE Directive (2002/96/EC)
• ATEX Directive, (94/9/EC), Zone 20 (EN 61241-1-2004 – Explosion safety for DUST-Protection by enclosure tD)
• IECEx, Zone 20 (IEC 61241-1-2004 – Explosion safety for DUST-Protection by enclosure tD)
• REACH Directive (1907/2006/EC)
• Developed and produced according to Metrohm ISO approval ISO 9001