Alpha Laboratories has announced that it is to host a Faecal Testing Day in Birmingham, UK, on Thursday 1st November, 2012. The company has extensive experience in this area having been involved with the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening programme since 1998. They are also the sole supplier of hema-screenTM (faecal occult blood tests).
Following the papers of Dr. Jeremy Tibble, Alpha Laboratories has also helped to pioneer the routine use of calprotectin assays for differentiating between IBD and IBS. This novel biomarker provides a reliable, non-invasive test with significant cost and patient benefits.
The Faecal Testing Day promises to bring together a wealth of knowledge and Alpha Laboratories is inviting you to join them on the day to hear, firsthand, the latest information on Faecal Occult Blood, Faecal Immunochemical and Calprotectin Testing for Digestive Health Management.
A comprehensive programme is to be presented by five esteemed speakers, all experts in their field:
- Calprotectin analysis in the UK - Where are we now? -Ms. Jane French- UKNEQAS
- Measurement of Faecal Haemoglobin - an analytical challenge? - Prof. Stephen Halloran, Consultant Clinical Biochemist
- Faecal markers of GI tract inflammation - Dr. Roy Sherwood, Consultant Clinical Biochemist
- Faecal Haemoglobin- an essential test for all laboratories - Prof. Callum Fraser, Consultant Clinical Biochemist
- Determination of Disease Activity in IBD: Mucosal Healing- what, why and when- & Diagnosis of
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Dr. Arne Roseth , Consultant Gastroenterologist, Norway
The event would be beneficial to all Gastroenterologists and Professionals in Laboratory Medicine, and should provide an ideal opportunity to discuss recent ideas and updates in the world of Faecal Testing with colleagues from other hospitals.
The Faecal Testing Day has received IBMS CPD creditation worth 6 points. Credits will also be awarded by the Royal College of Pathologists.
Company websiteAlpha Laboratories Ltd