Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management Training: Making the Most of Each and Every Brand
The global research-based pharmaceutical industry lies increasingly between the “rock” of empty pipelines and the “hard place” of cost containment and more aggressive generic competition. In this environment it is essential to exploit the whole spectrum of available lifecycle management (LCM) options to maximize the performance of existing brand assets.
EBCG’s Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management Course strives to critically assess all of these options, looking at past, concrete examples that have been successful – and those that have been unsuccessful - and evaluating those that will continue to be sustainable going forward. At the end of the two days, attendees will be ready to go back to their companies to re-evaluate and optimize the lifecycle plans of their marketed products and developmental projects.
DAY 1 looks at the overall environment in which lifecycle management strategies must deliver, and then examines in detail each of the technical components in the management of an overall lifecycle: regulatory and legal aspects; patents and other exclusivities; indication expansion and sequencing; reformulation, new routes of administration and drug delivery; fixed-dose combinations; modified chemistries, and much more. Day 1 will also look at how to turn various options into robust winning strategies, as well as describe a proven process for creating an actual LCM Plan, and provide tips on how to ensure that senior management buys into that plan.
DAY 2 switches from the more technical side of LCM to look at commercial options for optimizing brand performance over the whole lifecycle. It will cover areas like geographical expansion and optimization, OTC switching, brand loyalty and service programs, strategic pricing strategies, the value of LCM projects in the overall R&D portfolio and the management of mature (post-patent) product portfolios. Day 2 also will consider all of the options for brand companies to compete or collaborate with the generic drug industry – including acquisition, the creation of an in-house generics unit, settlements, authorized generics, API supply agreements, private labeling, and so on.
DAY ONE KEY TAKE-AWAYS
• An understanding of all of the regulatory, scientific and technical options for optimizing the brand life cycle
• A process for selecting the best options to create an integrated, brand-specific LCM Plan which describes a sustainable strategy for maximizing the performance of a brand over its whole life cycle
• Practical tips on how to ensure that senior management buys into the LCM Plan (i.e. supports it AND provides the resources required to make it happen!)
DAY TWO TAKE-AWAYS
• An understanding of all of the commercial options (strategic and tactical) for optimizing the brand life cycle
• Alternative strategies for dealing with generic competition late in the brand life cycle
• How to create and manage a portfolio of mature (post-patent) brands
Quote 'SLCTT' for SelectScience membership discount!!