SLAS2013: Five Days of Inspiration, Education and Networking
More than 4,500 innovative scientists, engineers, researchers and technologists from academic, government and commercial laboratories from around the globe are converging on Orlando, FL, USA for SLAS2013, the Second Annual SLAS Conference and Exhibition. Taking place January 12-16, 2013, and presented by the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS), SLAS2013 builds upon the Society’s highly successful and well attended first annual conference, SLAS 2012, held last February in San Diego, CA, USA.
At SLAS2013, participants will learn, explore and gain repeatable inspiration from a world class scientific agenda that features an outstanding line-up of influential keynote speakers, 130+ podium presentations comprising 30 unique scientific sessions, over 300 posters and a robust exhibition that showcases the latest laboratory science and technology products and services from more than 300 multinational companies from around the world. In addition, 20 in-depth scientific short courses are offered, 15 grass-roots Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are meeting and Career Connections – a premier jobs and one-on-one career counseling service – is available.
Benefits With Real Value
The Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center is the only official hotel of SLAS2013. SLAS2013 participants who stay at the Gaylord Palms enjoy a host of exclusive benefits:
• A chance to win up to $200 off your Gaylord Palms stay through the SLAS2013 Stay-and-Save Drawing; 50 SLAS 2013 participants who book their stay at the Gaylord Palms on or before December 13, 2012, will be lucky winners
• Two $5 dining cards good at all Gaylord Palms eateries
• Affordable and casual dining options, including a variety of restaurants, the poolside SandBar, a new two-story sports bar, Grab-n-Go carts, Java Coast and 24-hour in-room dining
• Daily dining specials priced exclusively for SLAS2013 guests
• Wireless internet access in guest rooms, atriums and poolside
• Discounted airport transfer/shuttle service between the Gaylord and Orlando International Airport
• Direct, easy access to the Convention Center via a covered walkway between the hotel and convention center
• $50 million in recent renovations that include new beautiful pool areas, outdoor fire pits for informal networking, upgraded guest rooms, and so much more
SLAS2013@Night: Intelligent and Fun Networking
SLAS2013 offers opportunities day and night for intelligent network building, so it’s important for participants to keep business cards in their pocket as they step out of the classroom and into SLAS2013@Night. Every evening begins with a reception in the SLAS2013 Exhibit Hall. From there the SLAS2013 experience lives on into the night:
Sunday, January 13, 2013; Universal Studios CityWalk
SLAS provides complimentary and continuous shuttle service between the Gaylord Palms and Universal Studios CityWalk, where groups of SLAS 2013 participants will enjoy anything and everything from Pat O’Brien’s to the Hard Rock Café, mini golf to movies and the Blue Man Group to Harbor Lights.
Monday, January 14, 2013; Oceola Ballroom, Gaylord Palms
Molecular Groove, PerkinElmer’s own scientific house band, will once again rock the house at the Gaylord Resort’s Oceola Ballroom.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013; House of Blues, Orlando
SLAS takes over the entire House of Blues for Vortex2013 – where fun and people mix – sponsored by Agilent Technologies. A live band, dueling pianos and guitar soloist all provide a night of entertainment. In addition, SLAS 2013 participants enjoy gaming, awesome food and complimentary beverages throughout the evening. Complimentary and continuous shuttle service between the Gaylord Palms and the House of Blues tops off the night!
Register before October 31, 2012, to Maximize Your Savings
Register now to join thousands of other scientists, engineers, researchers, technologists and business leaders from the international laboratory science and technology community who will learn, explore and gain repeatable inspiration by taking part in this high-energy event where inspiration, education and networking come together. To maximize savings, don’t miss the Early Bird Registration Deadline of October 31, 2012.