Instrument Demands on Routine Lab Analysis of VOCs in Soil Using EPA Regulated Methods
31 May 2018
In this webinar, we focus on analysis of organic contaminants in soil using EPA regulated methods. Hear how one environmental laboratory implemented a routine testing solution that has improved productivity and reliability.
- Case study: Analyzing VOCs in soil after a petrochemical spill based on U.S. EPA Method 8260 and evaluating gas sampling and analysis techniques to meet the demands of routine testing.
- Torrent Laboratory, a commercial contract laboratory, was looking for a GC-MS system that would deliver multiple technical and productivity attributes at a reasonable cost – a necessity for the number and types of regulated methods it runs, such as EPA Method 8260. In this webinar, we will discuss the evaluation of soil gas sampling and analysis techniques from a petrochemical spill and highlight how the GC-MS system chosen by Torrent Laboratory enabled shortened GC run time and improved productivity and reliability.
- A new GC-MS solution for environmental testing laboratories – boost laboratory efficiency and productivity
- Analytical testing is highly competitive, placing significant pressure on operating margins. Therefore, increasing sample throughput and efficiency — and producing on-time results — are critical. Extending uptime improves efficiency and service delivery and lowers cost by spreading overhead across more samples. In this presentation, we will summarize the features of the new Thermo Scientific™ ISQ™ 7000 Single Quadrupole GC-MS, which is uniquely designed to offer the best user experience in the routine environment while boosting laboratory efficiency and productivity.
Who should attend?
- What is entailed in evaluation of soil gas sampling and analysis techniques from a petrochemical spill?
- What does U.S. EPA Method 8260 prescribe for analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in soil using GC-MS?
- What are the special challenges of a commercial contract laboratory running several types of regulated methods?
- What kind of GC-MS system is best for high-throughput, routine environmental labs?
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Anyone interested in analysis of volatile organic compounds in soil
- Anyone interested in understanding requirements of U.S. EPA Method 8260
- Environmental lab managers who run routine, high-throughput environmental labs