Member since: 2015
Organization: university of cambridge
One of the best enrichment kits available
Application Area: Protein Characterisation
"I was previously using the MARS column for depletion of serum samples but due to cost, I moved to the proteominer kit for protein enrichment and this was one of the best decisions. Very cost effective and quick procedure. Results are getting better since we implemented it in our procedure. Would definitely recommend it to other scientists"
Member since: 2008
Organization: Nml-Phac Canada
ProteoMiner Protein Enrichment Kits are a novel sample preparation tool used to reduce the dynamic range of proteomes from complex biological samples, allowing the exploration of the entire proteome. It employs a larger, highly diverse bead-base library of combinatorial peptide ligands, which simultaneously dilutes high-abundance proteins and concentrates low-abundance proteins.
When a complex biological sample is applied to the beads, high-abundance proteins saturate their high affinity ligands and excess protein is washed away. In contrast, low-abundance proteins are concentrated on their specific affinity ligands.
Benefits of ProteoMiner Protein Enrichment Kits
• Decreases the amount of high-abundance proteins without immunodepletion — prevents the co-depletion of proteins bound to high-abundance proteins.
• Enriches medium- and low-abundance proteins that cannot be detected through traditional methods.
• Compatible with a variety of sample types, independent of species specificity.
• Not dependent on a predefined set of antibodies, unlike immunodepletion products.
• Compatible with all major downstream protein analysis techniques.
• Can be used for differential expression analysis.
To provide flexibility for use with multiple downstream applications, two kit formats are available - the ProteoMiner protein enrichment kit and the ProteoMiner sequential elution kit.