Research insights into biomolecular interactions.
The MicroCal VP-ITC is a powerful and sensitive, easy-to-use isothermal titration calorimeter that offers the ability to investigate any biomolecular interactions. This fast, convenient, label free and in-solution technique delivers the information needed to characterize the molecular interactions of proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids and other biomolecules. The system is widely used in research environments for lead optimization, hit validation, assessing the driving mechanisms of binding and studying enzyme kinetics and inhibitor design.
The MicroCal VP-ITC delivers affinity data that provide insight into biomolecular interactions and can be used to investigate any such interaction. Isothermal Titration Calorimetry is label free, and in solution, and is fast, convenient and offers a free choice of buffers and no limitations with respect to molecular weight.
The MicroCal VP-ITC is complete system that requires no additional accessories, reagents or consumables. Once the samples are loaded it operates unattended, freeing the user for other tasks.
Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) measures the binding affinity and thermodynamics between any two biomolecules. When substances bind, heat is either released or absorbed. Measurement of this heat change in an ITC experiment enables accurate determination of binding constants (KD), interaction stoichiometry (n), enthalpy (ΔH) and entropy (ΔS), providing a complete thermodynamic profile of the molecular interaction in a single experiment.
- Directly measures millimolar to nanomolar affinities (KDS) (10-2 to 10-9 M).
- Measures nanomolar to picomolar disassociation constants using competitive binding techniques (109 to 1012 M).
- Nonreactive Hastelloy cells for excellent chemical resistance and applicability with biological samples.
- Fixed-in-place cells for reproducible, ultrasensitive performance with low maintenance.
- Precision liquid delivery system for accurate and reproducible injections.
- Coin shaped cell optimizes sample mixing.
- Three user-selectable response times for application versatility.
- User-selectable mixing speeds to match sample conditions.
- Peltier controlled for rapid temperature equilibration.
- Includes ThermoVac™ sample preparation and cleaning device.
- Controlled by VPViewer™ software and data analysis performed with Origin™.
- True in-solution technique: No labeling or immobilization required. No buffer restrictions. Easily handles turbid solutions.
Characterizing biomolecular interactions, to:
- Confirm binding and activity
- Determine stoichiometry and thermodynamic parameters
Studying the interaction of any two biomolecules including:
- Proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, drugs and inhibitors
- Structural biology and structure-activity relationships
Drug discovery for:
- Hit validation and characterization
- Lead optimization
- Mechanism of action