Odyssey®/Odyssey CLx Infrared Imaging System
"I have been using the Odyssey for two years and love it! I will never go back to X-rays for detection.
Advantages for Western Blotting:
1. Sensitivity : Need less protein loading and antibodies
2. If using monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, can detect the two in the same blot (I hate stripping blots)
3. Ease of quantitation
4. Less background as we can adjust the scanning intentities
Advantages for In-Cell Western :
1. Detection and quantitation of proteins in primary cells where starting protein is less
2. Less antibody required, so save money
3. Perform experiment in replicates, so statistics are easy after quantitation.
Advantages of On-Cell Western :
1. Can detect and quantitate expression of "extracellular" proteins. This technique gives it an advantage over traditional Western Blotting .
2. Less cumbersome and easier than membrane extraction and western blots. "
Application area: Western Blotting, In Cell Western Blots
25 September 2012
- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money