SMi's 7th annual conference on Biobanking will bring together Europe’s leading biorepositories, regulatory representatives and scientific pioneers to strengthen knowledge in biosample management as well as explore future advances in areas such as mobile bio-banking and cloud based sample management.
Understanding the ethical and regulatory framework as well as the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on collaborative science in Europe will be a major focus. Plus, don’t miss keynote addresses from a selection of European biobanks currently adding value to clinical research through successful biobanking strategies including the European Sperm Bank, UK Biobank, UCL Baby Biobank, Auria Biobank and more.
Exclusive updates from the European Commission and NIBSC-MHRA, will be just some of the event highlights for 2017. Join us this June for innovative discussions through a series of interactive presentations, panel discussions and roundtables, and address relevant and critical issues on how to improve your biobanking practice.
Key Speakers include:
- Dr Brian Thomson, Director and Clinical Lead for 100K Genome Project, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
- Heli Salminen-Mankonen, Director, Auria Biobank
- Dr Balwir Matharoo-Ball, Deputy Director, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
- Emanuele Barbarossa, Legal Adviser / Policy Analyst, European Commission
- Dr Arndt Schmitz, Senior Translational Assay Technology Expert, Research Biobank, Bayer AG
- Dr Kris Spreckley, Business Development Director, UK Biobank/ UK Biocentre
- Peadar Mac Gabhann, Director, Biostór Ireland
- Annemette Arndal-Lauritzen, CEO, European Sperm Bank
- Saakje Mulder, CEO, LifelinesNL
- Sarah Gilbert, Principal Scientist, NIBSC – MHRA
- Dr Laurent Dollé, Operating Director, Biotheque Wallonie-Bruxelles (BWB)
- Dr Vincent von Walcke-Wulffen, CEO, BioKryo GmbH
NEW FOR 2017
<<Visit the event website for more information
- Spotlight session - The advantages of ‘digital biobanks’
- The impact of the General Data Protection Regulation from European Commission and leading biorepositories
- CASE STUDIES: The use of biobank samples to progress research in Poverty Related Diseases and Cloud-based sample management of multi-center clinical trial in corneal transplantation
- Challenges and opportunities in running a national, multicenter, disease-specific biobank
- Stay at the forefront of Biobanking developments in the 21st Century
- or contact the team on Tel +44 (0)20 7827 6000 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org