Zetasizer Nano ZS for size, zeta potential, protein mobility and microrheology - Performance, simplicity, versatility.
The world’s most widely used system. It is used for the measurement of the size, electrophoretic mobility of proteins, zeta potential of colloids and nanoparticles, and optionally the measurement of protein mobility and microrheology of protein and polymer solutions.
The Zetasizer Nano ZS is a high performance two angle particle and molecular size analyzer for the enhanced detection of aggregates and measurement of small or dilute samples, and samples at very low or high concentration using dynamic light scattering with ‘NIBS’ optics. The ZSP also incorporates a zeta potential analyzer that uses electrophoretic light scattering for particles, molecules and surfaces, and a molecular weight analyzer using static light scattering.
Using Non-Invasive Backscatter optics (NIBS) it has significantly better performance than systems using 90 degree scattering optics.
In addition, a microrheology option is available for measuring sample viscosity and viscoelastic properties, as well as a Protein Measurement option for protein mobility measurements.
Zetasizer Nano ZS Features:
- Size measurement from 0.3nm (diameter) to 10 microns using patented NIBS (Non-Invasive Back Scatter) technology.
- Zeta potential using patented M3-PALS technology.
- Molecular weight measurement down to 980Da.
- Microrheology option to measure viscosity and viscoelasticity.
- Protein size measurement as dilute as 0.1mg/mL (Lysozyme).
- Sample concentrations from 0.1ppm to 40%w/v.
- Optional protein calculators, including protein charge, A2, kD, and molecular shape.
- A ‘Quality Factor’ and ‘Expert Advice System’ gives the confidence of having an expert at your shoulder.
- 21CFR part 11 software option to enable compliance with ER/ES.
- Research software option to give access to further features and analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist.
- Automation of measurements using an autotitrator option.
- Optional flow mode capability to enable use as a GPC / SEC size detector.
- Alternative laser, 50mW at 532nm for samples incompatible with the standard 633nm laser.
- Optical filter option to improve measurements with fluorescent sample.
- Temperature range extension option to 120ºC.