SelectScience Members can achieve membership status by writing product reviews. This helps other members to better understand the Reviewer's experience and expertise.
Status: No. Reviews Published: Member 0 1-4 5-14 15+ By Invitation
Reviewers are also encouraged to publish a 'public profile' so others can benefit from a further understanding of the Reviewer's applications and expertise.
Write a review today>>
Member since: 2015
Organization: Ulm University, Germany
Easy to use device with detailed information. Great for all concentration ranges down to 10ng/ul.
Application Area: DNA/RNA concentration measurements for sequencing and NGS library preparation
"The Xpose is an easy to use UV/VIS spectrophotometer for DNA, RNA and proteins (we did not use and therefore cannot evaluate) which can handle micro-volume samples of 2ul. 16 samples can be processed together on a special slide.
Advantages over other devices on the market:
- The slide makes it easier to pre-load larger numbers of samples and run them in a batch. - All samples are blanked with water only, no need to have the elution buffer ready.
- Blanks can be stored for 1month so space on the slide can be saved for samples.
- Results are very differentiated: There is information on recognized known impurities, background (like beads) and residues (unknown impurities). And of course all of the other spectral measures are taken (A260/230, A260, A260/A280). This is possible due to a large database (company owned and secret) which can identify many components present in the measurements. In the end one gets not only a single measure for nucleic acid content but a lot more information on other components and quality.
- Results come as spectral profile and column-wise. They can be exported via USB, network, directly to a printer and for the playful researcher a QR code can be created. - Some useful applications are preinstalled (like mammalian or plant DNA, RNA, purified pcr, ssDNA, dsDNA)
- Results are reproducible.
- Xpose runs calibration free.
- Xpose does not need a PC but is a PC (windows based).
- Service provided is excellent.
But of course it can't be all gold:
- The slides costs have to be taken into project calculations (so far about ~20ct/sample)
- All DNA/RNA quantifications give a picture of measurements and are approximations of the real content. Measures taken with different techniques gave different results. We found that it is best to stick with one method.
- Results are stable for concentrations down to about 10ng/ul. Below this the results in our NGS data show increasing variability (in terms of reads per sample).
- PCR cleaning methods can have a strong influence on UV/VIS spectrum and therefore on quantification, e.g. FAST/AP cleaning resulted in heavily overestimated concentrations.
- Like with other measures you need to get a feeling for the data.
But with all that differentiated measures it much easier to find the hints for problematic results. All together we are very satisfied with the Xpose trusting its results more than other UV/VIS spectrophotometers. And it is much easier to obtain results than with fluorescence based or qPCR measures."
Member since: 2015
Application Area:Analyze DNA Concentration
"Very easy to use. Filling the 16 positions of a slide can be done by a pipetting robot if you build your own adapter. :)"
The DropSense™16 is a compact, benchtop spectrophotometer for high-speed quantification of DNA, RNA or protein samples.
Using its microfluidic slides, 1 to 16 micro-volume samples (2 µl) can be prepared on any bench before starting the measurement. This avoids time consuming sample loading and cleaning steps on the instrument, leading to minimal hands-on time and a fast read-out of 2 minute for 16 samples. The large, full color touch screen allows easy experiment design using predefined quantification protocols. Built-in applications can be selected giving detailed information of the sample composition, identifying contaminants and automatic correction of the DNA, RNA or protein concentration leading to an unmatched accuracy in quantification.
DropSense16 - Micro-Volume Spectrophotometer Benefits: