Wells/Brookfield™ Cone & Plate
The Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer gives researchers a sophisticated instrument for routinely determining absolute viscosity of fluids in small sample volumes. Its cone and plate geometry provides the precision necessary for development of complete rheological data.
The Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer is a precise torque meter which is driven at discrete rotational speeds. The torque measuring system, which consists of a calibrated beryllium-copper spring connecting the drive mechanism to a rotating cone, senses the resistance to rotation caused by the presence of sample fluid between the cone and a stationary flat plate.
The Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer provides a wide variety of shear rates and viscosity ranges, which can be further extended by the use of interchangeable cone spindles. Different models can be selected to meet the specific range of viscosities and shear rates required.
Wells/Brookfield™ Cone & Plate Features and Benefits
- Determine absolute viscosity of small samples (0.5 - 2.0 mL)
- Precise shear rates for determining a material's flow curve behavior
- Rapid temperature control due to small sample size
- Electronic gap adjustment for simplified setup and increased throughput
- Touch Screen Display available on DV3T Rheometers and DV2T Viscometers
- Auto-zero function to ensure precision torque measurement
- Auto-range function to define full scale range (FSR) for all spindle/speed combinations
- Torque measurement accuracy: 1% of full scale range
- Repeatability: 0.2% of full scale range