See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"The VivaTome is an excellent piece of equipment to obtain confocal sectioning of live cells. It's rapid and very easy to use. The best thing is that it shows both the epifluorescent as well as the confocal section simultaneously."
VivaTome — the entry-level solution for fast optical sectioning
Thanks to VivaTome from Carl Zeiss, cell and developmental biologists can investigate dynamic processes in living samples without the need for complex laser systems.
When you choose VivaTome, you can acquire microscopic images of a quality that, until now, could only be achieved with highly complex laser-based systems. VivaTome only needs a simple and economical white light illumination to deliver up to 30 frames per second, and you can draw on the complete range of ZEISS objectives for consistently high quality optical sectioning.
VivaTome has been designed for applications with medium to high temporal resolution. When using structured illumination, the results you gain from your biological samples are clear, easy to interpret and quantifiable — regardless of whether you are researching a cell culture, tissue section or live organisms. VivaTome is also a highly economical solution if you need to image dynamic processes.
• Artifact-free optical sectioning of dynamic processes
• A high temporal resolution, allowing you to achieve up to 30 images per second using only one fluorescence channel and the right camera
• Use VivaTome as an extension module to bring structured illumination to Axio Imager, Axio Observer, Axio Examiner
• Working flexibility with various excitation wavelengths using filter sets and white light excitation
• A choice of two operating modes, optimized for high Z resolution and the best signal-to-noise ratio
• The ability to acquire wide field and optical sectioning images simultaneously