VACUSIP – Liquid waste gone in a sip
In the laboratory small volumes of liquid need be disposed of on a daily basis. This includes the removal of excess liquids from reaction tubes, aspiration of supernatant after centrifugation steps, removal of washing solutions from microplates and much more. Until today, this is often accomplished by self-made systems.
VACUSIP provides an out-of-the-box solution for the wide array of liquid waste disposal tasks carried out at the laboratory bench. It features a reliable low noise pump, enabling it to operate independently from an external vacuum source. The battery version of VACUSIP contains a rechargeable battery for even more flexibility. A unique hand operator allows a fine regulation of the aspiration flow and accepts a variety of adapters.
The 0.5 l glass bottle is quickly exchanged and all components coming in contact with liquids can be autoclaved. If the inactivation of the liquid waste is carried out externally, a disposable bottle may be used.
Features and benefits:
• Integrated, silent pump makes the VACUSIP location-independent.
• The battery version eliminates cable mess in a laminar flow hood and increases mobility.
• Automated pump shut-off optimizes battery run-time and pump life.
• Quick exchange of waste bottle due to screw cap sealing.
• Hydrophobic filter prevents aerosols and liquid from entering the system.
• Very compact and space saving, HxWxD: 345x120x162 mm only.
• No additional equipment necessary and maintenance free