Our most powerful protein crystallography system, the Ultimate HomeLab is a complete home X-ray diffraction system that enables data collection on a wide range of protein crystal samples and dramatically reduces your need to utilize a synchrotron source.
As all of Rigaku’s protein crystallography systems, the HKL-3000R software suite provides instrument control, data processing, and structure solution capabilities.
The foundation of this system is the Rigaku FR-X, an ultrahigh intensity microfocus rotating anode generator, that was designed from the beginning to provide the highest power in a small beam. With its 70 micron anode focal spot, long uptimes and reduced maintenance requirements, the FR-X has taken rotating anode technology to the next level.
Coupled with a VariMax optic, this small focal spot leads to a intense, monochromatic beam on the sample which is the perfect complement to optimize signal-to-noise for the small crystals used in today's protein laboratories. The usable flux produced by the Ultimate HomeLab is over 40 times greater than that of a conventional generator and optic, enabling the collection of quality data on small crystals that diffract too weakly on standard home sources.
Ultimate HomeLab Features:
- The most intense X-ray source available for an in-house X-ray system
- Minimizes need for the use of synchrotron time
- Phase at home using the optional dual wavelength anode
- A true microfocus rotating anode generator (70 μm diameter circle) that provides high flux at the sample.
- 2.97 kW power in a small beam provides greater flux density and less background for small samples.
- Choice of area detectors (PILATUS or imaging plate) allows the user to configure the system to best meet the needs of their lab.
- Optional sample changer (ACTOR)
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!