- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
TruDefender™ FT is a handheld FTIR system designed to analyze and identify unknown chemical substances directly in the hotzone.
Built for first responders, TruDefender FT weighs less than 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg) and is rugged enough to withstand the rigors of field use. Using industry-proven FTIR technology, TruDefender FT complements FirstDefender to maximize in-the-field coverage of an even broader range of unknown chemicals.
TruDefender FT is designed for use by first responders, hazmat teams, homeland security, military and law enforcement personnel. Key features of this handheld FTIR spectrometer include:
• Designed for use in the hotzone. The lightweight and fully decon-capable system can be taken directly to an unknown substance in the hotzone, eliminating significant response time.
• Fast, accurate analysis you can act on. TruDefender FT returns results in seconds, rather than the hour or more required to bring a sample from the hotzone and prepare it for analysis. An onboard hazard database provides full safety and treatment information, further speeding appropriate response.
• Precise results. Ahura Scientific’s custom software reduces the need for scientific field support by providing clear, definitive results that don’t require user interpretation or judgment. Automatic mixture analysis enhances substance identification capability and eliminates the need for subtraction of spectra.
• Easy to use. Intuitive menu-driven user interface enables even novice users to be proficient with minimal training.
• Easy maintenance. TruDefender FT is a self-contained FTIR unit which requires no scheduled maintenance or calibration, and uses no consumables.
• Flexible power source. TruDefender FT can be powered using the included rechargeable battery; wall plug; or commonly available SureFireTM disposable batteries.
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Read more »
"Easy to use even for novices. Chemometric library analysis makes unknown identification easy. Light weight, making it easy to carry for long distances on foot."