Trans-Blot® Cell With Plate Electrodes and Super Cooling Coil (170-3939)
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"The set up is easy to use and quite efficient. More automation would be really helpful."
The Trans-Blot® Transfer Cell is a versatile apparatus ideal for a wide variety of blotting applications.
Features and Benefits:
- Multiple transfers accommodate up to 3 PROTEAN® II xi gels, 6 Criterion™ gels, or 12 Mini-PROTEAN®handcast or precast gels
- Flexible parameters with variable power settings provide from 30 V for overnight transfers to 200 V for rapid 1 hr experiments
- Electrodes can be positioned 8 cm apart for standard blots or 4 cm apart for high-intensity blots
- Temperature regulation with the super-cooling coil and a water recirculator is ideal for native enzyme (4°C) high-intensity transfers and extended transfers (up to 24 hr) without buffer depletion
- Hinged gel holder cassette clamping system eliminates slipping and ensures tight contact between membrane and gel
- Color-coded cassettes ensure proper orientation in the cell
Applications and Uses:
- Western blotting
- Nucleic acid transfer